Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Black and White Dress

I found the picture of this dress on overstock.com and I printed it out hoping I will make it one day.

 
 
I go on the internet and find dresses that I like from overstock, modcloth, dillards... Then I copy the picture and print them out, put them in a 3 ring binder.  Kindda like my own catalog.  =)
 
And here is my version.
I actually finished this a few days ago but been so sick and haven't had a chance to take pictures.  I drafted my own pattern.  =)
 










How did I do???

2 comments:

  1. Lily, I am so impressed, You have only been sewing a short while. And coping these dresses with out a pattern.. You are very talented. My mother in law [who is 99 yrs old, and has a great mind] use to sew all the kids clothes. she would get the Sears catalogue, look at some thing and make it.. Oh how, I would love to be able to copy patterns.. But.. nope.. I have to have a pattern and some instructions.. ha.
    This dress is beautiful..Love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete