Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pillow Case to Kayly's Dress With Shirring

I was looking around on Burdastyle and found this dress .  I told my husband this is too cute and I can totally make this for Kayly.  So, here it is.  Not really cute like the dress I saw but... oh well.  Atleast I didn't use my pretty pillow case.  I learn to use the ugly fabric or the ones I don't care for to practice.  Kayly isn't too happy when I asked her to try this on and take some pictures.  She was busy watching her movie and didn't want to miss any part.  So, no smiles at all.



Go here for pictures
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.474177325932865.108882427.100000218045678&type=1&l=7e3a847a0e



Cut up the pillow case





Use elastic thread



Draw the lines for shirring




Shirring







Almost done





Added the straps and tada




She was upset







the back






I asked her to wear her Cinderella headband and she smiled for me haha =)










2 comments:

  1. Well.. I really like this pillowcase turn dress. Adorable as is Kayly..
    ps.. I saw where you ask to borrow my skirt pattern, I used for Emily's band skirt.I would be glad to trace it for you.. Just email me .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =( How can I email you? I'm not sure how to do that? Or can you please email me? lilycansew@gmail.com

      Thank you so much. I would love to make that pretty skirt for me.

      Delete